Scent Weakly 2.0

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Field Trip: Ray Lamontagne



A little hyperbole from John Mayer's Blog:

People ask me all the time what artists I'm listening to, and what I think of certain singers or bands out there. I think Ray LaMontagne is as brilliant as any artist that has ever lived.

Wait, let me think about that again. That came off pretty bold.

Nope, that's still what I want to say. Ray LaMontagne is as brilliant as any artist that has ever lived. And he's getting better; tighter, more focused, more self-assured.


While I like Ray Lamontagne, I think Mayer's effusiveness might have something to do with the fact that he goes to RL's concerts with Jennifer Anniston.

Ray Lamontagne is an unassuming performer who early in his career battled debilitating stage fright. His concerts are all about his music which is more than enough.

Excellent songs well played.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home