Scent Weakly 2.0

Monday, October 06, 2008

Podcasts



In the age of the iPod, I'm not sure how commercial radio survives. I haven't listened to the it in months. I suppose there is an audience for talk shows, traffic updates, and live sports, but I have to believe even that audience is shrinking.

I'm just glad I'm not in the business of selling radio ads.

As I think I mentioned before, I have been listening to a lot of podcasts on my commute and while exercising. Here are a few of my favorites.

Sound Opinions **** A weekly discussion of the music scene.
This American Life **** The NPR show featuring human interest stories
MacBreak Weekly **** Leo Laporte and crew discussing all things Mac
Net@Night **** Leo Laporte and Aber MacArthur talk web 2.0
SModcast **** Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier riff. Hilarious vulgarity
PRI: The Sound of Young Aemrica **** Great interviews. (Chip Kidd, Bill James, The Hold Steady ......)
All Songs Considered **** The NPR show featuring the best of contemporary music.
Filmspotting **** Movie reviews (a bit geeky)
Scene Unseen **** Movie reviews (less geeky)
The BS Report **** Bill Simmons talks sports and pop culture

All these podcasts are available for free on itunes. Radio is screwed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home