Scent Weakly 2.0

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Pasta Salad



I was recently tasked with bringing a salad for a pot luck luncheon at work. It was made clear by the powers that be that my usual method of food preparation of buying something on the way to work was not acceptable. So, I buckled down and made a pasta salad. To everyone's great surprise it turned out quite well. So, as actually requested by some co-workers, is the recipe

Chipotle's Pasta Salad

Ingredients:

1 box of pasta (I prefer penne, but it doesn't matter)
1 red pepper
1 orange pepper
1 red onion
a couple of big handfuls of fresh spinach
some olive oil
1 small can sliced black olives (I should probably upgrade here)
1 can kidney beans (I don't use the whole can)
1 small can corn
feta cheese (I use a pretty big chunk)
Paul Newman's Balsamic Vinagrette Salad Dressing

Cook pasta. Chop peppers and onion into a size you prefer (I like big chunks). Sautee peppers and onions until they start to soften in the olive oil. When they are almost ready, add a couple of generous handfuls of spinach and cook until spinach shrivels. Pour veggies over pasta. Add olives, kidney beans, corn and feta cheese. Add salad dressing to taste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home