Scent Weakly 2.0

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Odds and Ends



During the Charger blowout today I was talking current music with a friend, and the discussion turned to great live acts. For some reason it occurred to me during the conversation that I needed to change my concert ranking system. So, after several seconds of contemplation, I have decided to steal Jeff's system for ranking ballparks.

My top ranking is bestowed on shows that make me want to pack up a VW van and follow the band cross country. Currently Wilco, Brand Carlile, Ryan Adams, The Hold Steady. My Morning Jacket, and the Avett Brothers are on the list.

My bags are packed, anyone else?

Worth a Buck

I haven't done this in a while. These songs are on heavy rotation on my iPod and are definitely worth a buck.

Missed the Boat -- Modest Mouse
Red Right Ankle -- The Decemberists (Carly put me on this one.)
If It's the Beaches -- The Avett Brothers
Our Life Is Not a Movie or Maybe -- Okkervil River

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home