Scent Weakly 2.0

Monday, August 13, 2007

Field Trip: The Avett Brothers



Eth and I spent a raucous Sunday night at the BellyUp watching the Avett Brothers do their thing. It's a bit difficult to describe the AB. The best I can do is imagine giving the Red Hot Chili Peppers an acoustic guitar, a banjo, and a stand up base and having them perform the soundtrack of O Brother Where Art Thou. The result is quite compelling. In fact I'm putting them in my top five concerts of the year.

Top Five

1. Ryan Adams
2. Bright Eyes
3. The Hold Steady
4. My Morning Jacket
5. The Avett Brothers

Langhorne Slim and the War Eagles opened. He's another high energy performer who I had seen at The Casbah a couple months ago. He benefitted by the bigger stage and crowd at the BellyUp. Nice set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home