Scent Weakly 2.0

Monday, November 06, 2006

Worth a Buck (Old School)


Other than a symptom of a mid-life crisis, it ocurred to me that my renewed interest in live music is at least partially due to the fact there is a lot of music being played today that could easily have been coming out of my stereo in 1970. The musicians certainly have made the connection. Recently I've heard Ryan Adams cover The Dead, Joseph Arthur do a Stones classic, and last night Jackie Greene broke out The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie Down. I'm kinda hopeful that popular music will become listenable again.

So, my young friends here are a few songs you might want to add to your ipods:

Franklin's Tower -- The Grateful Dead
Willin' -- Little Feat
Wild Horses -- Flying Burrito Brothers
Long Way Home -- Tom Waits
The Weight -- The Band

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home